Not following these instructions will increase receiving time, and costs.
Standard Receiving Procedure
- Standard procedure is to receive your products according to the data from your Packing List, Bill of Lading, and Carton/Container Labels and according to barcodes on each unit to be received
- Non-standard Receiving charges apply if we are required to sort and/or count each item, it will be billed as outlined in your Fulfillment Agreement.
- Shipment – Each shipment must have an accurate Packing List with shipment, or emailed in advance to Receiving@shipcentral.com, and include Brand/Company Name, Product Name/Description, and accurate Quantity
- Product – Each product carton/container must have accurate Brand, Product, and Quantity information
- Item Barcodes – Each item unit received must have a 2D scannable bar code unique to that product sku – You can put those on, or we can as we receive them (See Bar coding Instructions)
- No Barcode – For items with no barcode attached, our standard procedure is to move items aside, and notify the customer. We can provide an authenticated UPC code, and apply the barcode on a ¾ inch x ½ inch white label to each item for a small fee as outlined in your Fulfillment Agreement.
- We strongly encourage barcoding each item in every subsequent shipment for quicker, more cost effective service.
- Time – Allow up to 3-4 business days for product receiving, but our standard is to get it done more quickly
How To Ship It
- Pallets larger than 40 inches x 48 inches x 52 inches will be broken down, and possibly subject to receiving costs
- Single item pallets when possible
- Mixed pallets are subject to Non-standard Receiving charges
- Wrapped to protect against damage
- Single item cartons
- Mixed cartons are subject to Non-standard Receiving charges
- Cartons labeled with Brand, Product description, and Quantities
Include With Shipment
- Company or Brand Name
- Detailed packing list or Bill of Lading including – Brand, Product Description, Quantity of each, UPC or barcode number for each
- Carton/Container label with Brand, Product Description, and Quantity