We have free API access from our Warehouse Management Software directly to dozens of ecommerce marketplaces, CRMs, and shopping carts:
What this means for you is, if you sell on any of the above carts, within five minutes of someone placing an order on your website, our software will electronically receive the order data, product info, quantity and shipping address, and we will know immediately what to ship without having to ever communicate with you.
As soon as we have shipped the package, our software will communicate directly back to your shopping cart and mark the order as shipped, provide a tracking number and adjust inventory levels. And you don’t have to touch a thing.
We provide an online account management portal for our clients. This provides you access to:
- Send advanced notification of shipments
- View real-time inventory
- Upload orders to our Warehouse Management System
- Receive order status and shipping tracking notification
We provide three levels of integration with our clients for order importing from your shopping cart or online marketplace:
1. API integration
2. Bulk file FTP uploading
3. Individual order uploading
Customers are happiest when having an API integration. Your products can be bought and shipped while you’re on the beach or working on some other part of your business.
1. API integration
Within API Integration, we have three options:
- Prebuilt API connection using Shipstation and other connections as a centralized bridge to your selling platforms. Most connections are included with our service, but some may require a monthly subscription. See us for those exceptions.
- Programming instructions for our open API that you can program directly into from your website to ours (No monthly fee for this integration)
With our API solutions, our software and your online shopping cart will communicate automatically every 15 minutes, all day long. We receive your orders from your shopping cart, process and ship them, then our software communicates back to your shopping cart the tracking numbers and shipment confirmations.
Open API for custom coding:
Web service is a standardized way of integrating web-based applications using the XML, SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), WSDL (Web Service Description Language) and UDDI (Universal Description Discovery and Integration) open standards over an internet protocol. XML is used to tag the data, SOAP is used to transfer the data, WSDL is used for describing the services available and UDDI is used for listing what services are available.
Unlike traditional client/server models (such as a web server/webpage system), web services do not provide the user with a Graphical User Interface (GUI). Web services instead share business logic, data and processes through a programmatic interface across a network. Developers can then add the web service to a GUI (such as our web service test page) to offer specific functionality to users.
Web services allow different applications from different sources to communicate with each other without time-consuming custom coding, and because all communication is in XML, web services are not tied to any one operating system or programming language. With our Open Web Services API, any client with any shopping cart or marketplace can program their data into our web services API.
API connections for the following marketplaces, CRMs, and shopping carts:
- 1 Shopping Cart
- Adobe Business Catalyst
- Brand Boom
- Channel Advisor
- Click Funnels
- Konnektive CRM
- Limelight CRM
- Linio Marketplace
- Order Motion
- OS Commerce
- Presta Shop
- Rakuten Marketplace
- Sage ERP
- Sears Marketplace
- SPS Commerce
- Wayfair [/one-fourth]
2. FTP bulk file uploading
- We provide you an online URL to a FTP folder that we give you access to or credentials for you to access your specific FTP folder using a FTP client like FileZilla.
- You can log in and bulk upload your csv file of all orders you would like us to fulfill.
- Our warehouse software will automatically import and pull in your order file within five minutes of it getting dropped off.
- Your will receive an email from you through our software with shipping confirmation and tracking
FTP file requirements
- Ship First Name
- Ship Last Name
- Postal Code
- Order ID
- Product ID/Sku
- Customer Email Address
If the following conditions are not met, the entire file will be rejected:
- The columns must be in the same order every time
- Each cell in every column must have data in it, but not have extra data in the csv file
- If there is a problem with the file upload, you will receive an email
- Must have current portal in Ship Central’s fulfillment software
- Send us a sample CSV sample order export file
- We map the file
- We send web based FTP url and credentials to log in and upload
3. Individual order uploading
We provide a portal for you to log into and pick the product you would like to ship to, who you would like to ship to and shipping method.